Thursday, May 29, 2008

Party Time!

Nate loves his birthday. In fact I think that was the first things he ever memorized was his birthday is on May 31st! Nate had a fun little birthday party today with his friends. Nothing fancy, just playing together, eating goodies and opening presents. We are lucky to have such wonderful friends!

Nate got a "special cake" this year. I am still feeling a little low on energy so I wanted something super easy to make and even easier to serve. I came up with this donut cake in about 5 seconds and it took about 30 seconds to make! Can't get any easier than that! Poor Nate, someday I will give him a proper birthday party!





I can't believe Nate is 4! He was our little miracle baby and I guess he still is. I feel so blessed to be his mom. Why he chose us to be his parents, I don't know, but I am so glad he did. He is so funny and smart and caring and such a BOY!! I love this picture of Nate, isn't it just like him to come out of the womb and immediately let us know that he is #1! He is asleep in this picture, and for months after he was born, he would sleep with his arm in the air like this !! So funny!!

3 comments:

Keri said...

Thats funny I used to sleep with my arm in the air too. whats that about. who knows! im glad he had a good party and that cakes actually looks really good. man I want a piece.

Johnson Family said...

I am impressed I think the cake was very creative and I am sure that the kids loved it. Happy Birthday Nate!

Ali said...

I'm so happy we can watch our kids grow up together! So fun!