Monday, August 24, 2009

Kindergarten

The first day of school used to always give me butterflies in my stomach, but for Nathan it's pure bliss! He loves going to school so that makes it a little easier on me to watch him go.

Running late the first day! Not a good sign!


In front of his classroom


Picking him up after school (I forgot the flash but I had to include this pic, he was so excited to tell me about his first day!)


When we got home, he made a "fort" of pillows on my bed and CRASHED, complete with snoring!! I actually didn't let him sleep for very long because I knew he'd never get to bed tonight if I did, so When Ellie woke up from her nap (yes I actually had both of them asleep at the same time briefly) I let her loose on him. She was whacking him in the head and squealing, waking people up is definitely one of her many talents!


With Eric back in school too, I have to bathe both kids together right after dinner if it's gonna get done!


Eric actually started school today too! He is about half way done with his Master's Degree in Information Technology (or something like that). Luckily Eric got to come home after work for a few minutes before he had to go to class. It's hardest on Nate when Eric goes to school in the evenings. If you look closely you can see Nate's eyes are red from crying, but he will always smile for the camera no matter how devastated he is just seconds before!


Eric was thoughtful enough to get the kids "back to school" books to give to them when he left for school tonight. Eric gives the kids these Mr. Men and Little Miss books on special occasions or when he goes out of town. I love that it's a special little tradition between Eric and the kids.

With Eric back in school this year, I was a little nervous about doing "everything" by myself but I have a friend whose husband just got home yesterday from a year long tour in Iraq and I decided that I have NOTHING to complain about!

I just feel so fortunate that we have so many education opportunities in this Country and am grateful both my "boys" love going to school!

4 comments:

Amy said...

LOVE that picture of Nate and Ellie in the tub! Such sweet pictures...and what good parents! :]

Ali said...

I was cracking up about Ellie waking Nate up. How funny! Yes, that is one of Nate's many talents...being happy.

Kelly said...

Wow, you've got your hands full! Don starts school tomorrow at UVU. He got accepted into the pre-med program, and we've been in a whirlwind ever since! I am nervous, but excited. We can do this, right?

My Little Spoons said...

Our kids are growing up way too fast. I love the picture of Nate crashed on your bed. I love it when they snore!!! Congrats to your boys on the first day of school, and you can do it. :)