Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I was wrong...or was I?

So I guess my motherly instinct hasn't quite kicked in! Apparently we are having a GIRL! :) Well I should technically say the doctor is leaning toward it being a girl. She was acting very lady like and kept her legs totally closed the entire time. More importantly, she is healthy. He couldn't see anything wrong on the ultrasound but I need to have a blood test just to make sure. I am so relieved, I can't tell you how stressed I've been imagining all the things that could go wrong. She was so cute wiggling around in there, kicking her legs! It was so fun to see! Nate is a little freaked out by the "skeletor" ultrasound pictures. I think he was expecting to see a sweet, pink, little baby. We bought him a girl Cabbage Patch Newborn so he can have a "baby" too! I was more excited about it then he was! I go back in 10 weeks for a follow up appointment, so hopefully by then we will be totally sure that its a girl! Thanks for voting on the poll too, looks like the majority of you thought it was a girl all along!

9 comments:

Keri said...

Yeah! be careful sounds a lot like my ultra sound with Spencer. his legs were crossed and he was very modest so it was hard to tell but the tech gave me a 98% chance but told me to keep the receipt. good thing I did cause I too had to go back every months for ultra sounds and glad i did cause he ended up being more active and grew a third leg. funny what four weeks later can do. we will see what the next ten weeks show. im and so glad to hear she i healthy and strong. thats #1 the most important.im sure nate will love his baby girl doll we did that for ty on our second it helps alot. congrats im so excited for you guys.

Logan Family est 2003 said...

I hope you don't mind, but I have been snooping on your blog. I am sooo excited for you guys. I didn't know it was such a long time in the working, but I am so glad that she is doing so good. I know that Nate was a scary situation for you guys, so I am just so glad that you don't have to go through that again. Again, Congrates!!

Tammy said...

Hi April! I am glad you found my blog! Send me a invite to yours! I'd love to get caught up with you and your family!

Johnson Family said...

Yeah I hope they were right and it really is a girl that would be so fun! More importantly I am glad she is health. I am so excited for you guys.

Ali said...

You know how I feel about little girls...they are the BEST! I'm already planning the baby shower!

The Marlatt's said...

So excited for you to have a little girl. we love girls here too!!! I hope I can help Ali with the shower!

Amy said...

Tammy how exciting!!!!! I'm so happy for you guys! Girls are the BEST!!!!

I think you should name her "Karen" for our beloved friend =]

Sibole Family said...

congrats you guys, that is so exciting!! I didn't realize that you were that far along already. Time does fly when you start having kiddos, you know that. Well love you guys and congratulations on the new little girl.

Delux247 said...

i am so exited for little baby Olive!