Thursday, July 10, 2008

Home Improvement

I finally got a new faucet in the kitchen! Ours broke a few weeks ago and when we went to Home Depot to buy a new one, we were floored by the prices! We went on ebay and found the same faucet we wanted for more than $100 less! This is the second time we have had to replace the faucet since we moved here 4 years ago so I wanted to make sure we got a good one. It was worth waiting for it to ship because it looks and works wonderful!
Old Faucet.....


We are not disgusting I promise! I don't know how it gets so gross under there, but it does!
Nate and Eric hard at work! Nate must have thought watching Eric was really entertaining because he brought out some snacks and enjoyed the show!

New Faucet! Ahhhhhhhh.....

So a few weeks ago, Alison posted 5 things she couldn't live with out and asked everyone else to do the same, my fav things were pretty much the same as everyone else (Down East Tee's, Diet Coke, Paul Mitchell hairspray, etc) but I just need to post one of my own. I discovered it a few months ago and I am hooked! Bar Keepers Friend! It is the best cleaner I found and it's soooooo cheap! Everyone from Wal-mart to William Sonoma sells it but you have to search for it, it's on the bottom shelf most of the time! I swear this cleaner takes stains off your counter tops, removes scratches from your sink, polishes stainless steel like you wouldn't believe! It's the best! Notice the hard water stains when we took the faucet off, I just used a little Bar Keepers Friend and it took it right off! We bought a different style of faucet this time so we had to get those stains off or else they would show...not a problem for this cleaner!

2 comments:

Ali said...

Oh my gosh, I must invest in that cleaner! I love cleaning products. Your new faucet looks wonderful!

Dustin and Laura said...

I love bar keeper's. I found it when I needed to get an old rust stain off the tub. It worked in minutes, I couldn't believe it. Nothing gets those rust stains!