Wednesday, October 8, 2008

New curtains - pictures for Tracy

When it comes to creativity and talent, I got the short end of the stick compared to my sister Tracy. So while we were both pregnant, she would tell me all the cute things she was doing with her girl's room and the beautiful paintings she was painting. No fair! Anyways, were talking about pregnancy bring out our creativity and I decided I needed to make some new curtains for my kitchen sliding glass doors. I knew exactly what I wanted, but couldn't find anything that even came close, so it was time to make them myself! I was so excited they turned out exactly like I pictured them. They are really simple and super easy to make. Eric doesn't want me to mention this but he even helped me measure the grommets. It was fun to have his help on one of my projects! So anyways, Tracy, here are the pictures of the finished product you've been asking for...sorry it's taken so long to get them posted. And they are terrible pictures, the curtains are much cuter in person so you will have to use your imagination a little!





Grommets - so they slide open really easy. Super handy because we are always going out side from that door.


Waverly "Country Weekend" toile with red/cream ticking as the lining fabric.

4 comments:

The Marlatt's said...

I LOVE these curtains. You will have to teach me how to make some too. I am so tired of the vertical blinds at our house. Good job Tammy, they look great!

Ali said...

They look great and yes you are creative too!

Amy said...

Those look like Martha herself made them! :)

textracy said...

Your curtains are absolutely fabulous! I love them. I don't think you got the short end of the stick at all. You are creative and talented little girl. You are going to have to teach me to sew. I love the curtains!