Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Definitely , maybe...

We had another ultrasound this morning and they are still saying it's a girl, kind of! It's funny because they keep wording it like "we are pretty sure it's a girl." Since this was the second ultrasound where they saw the same thing, we are going with "girl". I definitely feel like now is the time to start to do some shopping!

So now on to the fun part. She is sooooooo cute! She looks just like Nathan, but she has these big ol' "Angelina Jolie" lips! She has chubby cheeks already! She is only 2 lbs 10 oz, but she is already starting to get some fat on her! She is in the 50th percentile and everything looks great! I tried to scan the ultrasound pictures but it isn't working for me, maybe Eric will be able to get them to scan so I can post them.

One last thing....so the whole reason we had this ultrasound was because they were monitoring an ovarian cyst and a fibroid tumor under the placenta that could potentially cause lots of problems. When they looked today, they said both were completely GONE! It's pretty typical for the ovarian cysts to disappear, and the fibroids can go away on their own but it is more common for them to grow because of the estrogen surge. I was so shocked at our good news! Its so strange and wonderful to have a normal pregnancy and baby I almost don't know what to do with myself! I just feel so, so blessed and grateful and I know that Heavenly Father answers prayers!

6 comments:

Keri said...

that is truly amazing. I love everything about this little sweet girl. so what color theme are you looking at doing. cant wait to see some of those ultra sound pics. i have had those cysts things in all my pregnancies. they all disappeared accept for my third child. i think thats what kinda lead me to the road of pre clampsia with our third. im so glad your health and she is too. what good news.

Ali said...

That's amazing! I'm so glad the "weird" things have gone away! It's a miracle. So now we can start planning your PAR-TAY! Can't wait!

Sibole Family said...

I am just so happy for you and you are always in our thoughts Tammy. I hope all is going well with Nate and I miss you so very much girl. Sorry I have been a ghost, just busy.

Amy said...

Tammy that's so exciting!! We'll have to have another "G.N.O." for some cute baby girl clothes! =]

Johnson Family said...

I am so glad to hear that things are going good with the pregnancy and that everyone is healthy. What a blessing.

Da home of Reeves said...

Tammy it is Kara and Anthony Reeves. How are you? That is amazing to hear your story. I found your blog from Melissa I had no idea you guys were on here it was fun to find some people that we know. I am so happy for you. wow isn't it amazing three girls in our ward born within a month of each other. That is awesome. well I am glad to hear you are doing well. if you would like to check ours out our website is www.kareeves.blogspot.com well hope to talk to you soon I will definetly see you on sunday. Take care