Saturday, June 14, 2008

Expecting the unexpected!

It's a miracle but it's true! Eric and I are expecting a baby! We are so, so excited! I have been getting a lot of comments from people who knew we were going through the adoption process because we were unable to get pregnant who weren't sure if I was pregnant or if we were chosen as adoptive parents, so I just want to clarify that I am pregnant! Everyone said this would happen, you go through the adoption process then you get pregnant, it's VERY common I guess! In our case, we had only just finished the mountain of paperwork that goes along with applying to adopt before I found out I was pregnant. I am so glad that we got to go through that process though because it got me so excited to be a mom again after we have had two years of disappointments in trying to have another baby. I KNEW that we would be parents again and there were more children that needed to be in our family. In fact adoption was the easiest choice we had to make in the last two years because it was going to be the answer to our prayers. I definitely feel like we will be looking at adoption again down the road.

Things are going really good so far, I am due in December, just exactly at Christmas time, which isn't exactly the time of year I would have chosen but beggars can't be choosers! We don't know what we are having yet, but we have had several name suggestions ranging from "Jesus" (since it will be Christmas) to"Corn Cob on a Tree" which is Nate's personal favorite (he just starts howling with laughter every time he says it!)

This really is a miracle for us, most of you know that we had exhausted all efforts and it got to the point where the doctor said we were just wasting our time and money. I am not sure if the lesson we needed to learn was patience or faith or something else, but I truly am grateful for my Heavenly Father's generosity and love. I have received more miracles than I deserve!

5 comments:

Johnson Family said...

Yeah congrats! That is so exciting we are so happy for you what a blessing.

Ali said...

Tammy, I am so disappointed you didn't post a picture of your bare belly to show your readers you really are pregnant! HA HA! I am so happy and excited for you guys! We will have a big blow out party to welcome this little one!

Tammy said...

Ha Ha! Wouldn't that be funny! Sorry no naked pictures for me! I guess you will just have to use your imagination! Wait, on second thought, I don't think I want you to do that either!

Sherry Leal said...

That's great to hear! Congratulations!! It was good to hear from you. I often wonder about the good ol' Sonora folk from years gone by. I hear things from Laura and Anna periodically, but now I can find out for myself. I love these blogs. Email me sometime so I can have your address. Mine is rsleal05@gmail.com. Take care!

Valerie said...

CONGRATS! It was great to see your blog! You have an adorable little boy! I look forward to popping in more often to get the latest! BEER!