Monday, September 8, 2008

A New Era: The First Day of Pre-Kindergarten

We have been looking forward to today for a long time. Nathan started pre-kindergarten this morning. A few weeks ago his teacher came to the house to introduce herself and get to know Nathan. He was hoping she would invite him to go to school with her that day! Nathan was almost too excited to stand still long enough for me to take his picture this morning.
Nate found a rollie pollie (his absolute favorite) right in the midst of our "photo shoot". He just had to save it!!
And show the camera of course....

There were no tears shed today, but I did get a little emotional when I went to pick him up, he was standing there among 20 other kids, looking around the room, trying to find me in the sea of parents. When he spotted me he got a big smile on his face! So precious! Of course I peppered him with questions about his day, what he did, who he played with but he got frustrated with all the questions and said "you just had to be there." Somethings I did find out:
  • He had a banana for a snack
  • He did not get to play on the computer today
  • The class has a cat puppet name "Curiosity"
  • He did not find out any other kids name in the class
  • He read a Spiderman book with his teacher
  • He swang on the swings
So if any of you are wondering if I spent the morning at a spa getting a massage and a pedicure, I regret to inform you that I did NOT! I spent three entire hours working on the Primary Program and folding laundry. So exciting I know! Nate is excited about going back tomorrow, I just hope his enthusiam for school continues beyond the first few weeks, poor kid doesn't realize how many years of school he has ahead of him....especially if he is gonna be a doctor!



2 comments:

Johnson Family said...

I can't believe he is old enough to go to school they grow up so fast. He looks so cute.

Ali said...

Darling! I love it! I saw his cubby today and cracked up at his picture. He is always hammin' it up! I'm glad our kids will grow up together!