Friday, September 26, 2008

Sleepy Time

Okay, so I know I've already done a post about Nate's silly sleeping habits but I couldn't resist this one! Since Nate has started pre-k, he comes home exhausted just about every day. Nate goes to bed nice and early (yes I am a sleep nazi) but sometimes days he just can't make it until bed time! The other day after school Nate asked me if I "had any dollars?" I told him yes and I could see where this was going. In our neighborhood the ice cream truck rolls around EVERY afternoon and has been the angst of many-a-disappointed afternoons. Well, it had been a long time since I let him get an ice cream from the ice cream truck. So when he asked if I had any dollars and then proceeded to ask if he could get an ice cream, of course I said yes and he was thrilled! He ran and brought me my purse and I gave him two dollars. Since the ice cream truck wasn't here yet, he took his money, got his shoes on and sat down on the couch to wait. A few minutes passed and he asked where the truck was but was being very patient. I barely noticed when he decided to lay his head down, but then I did a double take and saw that he was fast asleep - still gripping the ice cream money! Strangely enough the ice cream truck did not come that afternoon and Nate ended up taking a two hour nap! After about an hour he rolled off the couch in a sort of standing position, but he was still fast asleep. Eventually he fell on the floor, woke up, and whined for a minute then crawled back up on the couch to finish his nap! Every time he does something like this, I can't help but think back to when he was a baby and would scream in his crib for hours not wanting to sleep. Ahhhhh the joys of parenting!

Still sleeping....and he still has one of his dollar bills clutched firmly in his hand!


3 comments:

Ali said...

That's so sweet! I am lovong preschool for this reason: it wears Raychel out! I know you're experiencing the same joy. You should take a nap too!

The Marlatt's said...

That is very cute! I wish my girls would just fall asleep like that. No way no how-I don't know where they get all their energy.

Amy said...

He looks so tall in that second picture!